Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Beat Ideas

Beat #1:
The Pullman City Council is a very important part of the city's wellbeing and decision making process. The city of Pullman has so much to offer and the council is the reason the city succeeds or falls. I think they are one of, if not, the most important entities in the area. I would like to know the in's and out's of the city a little better. I think they deserve that kind of look. One story idea right now is the discussion of Grand Avenue traffic. The city has been dealing with it for decades. They just received an outpouring of comments from the public and they will take action in some way in the future.

Beat #2:
The Washington State University Athletic Department is a very interesting concept. I love sports, and getting into the sports department would be a great experience for me. One area in particular that I find interesting is the communication aspect. I leave that broad because I think there are several great options inside the communication area. One story idea would be how the crisis communication team deals with things like the lightning storm that happened last week that delayed the soccer game. It's not something they control, but how do they decide what to do? What protocols are in place? Why are those protocols in place? etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment